Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Quick Thought

I just love this age.  Almost 4 and a half...not quite a big boy, but not a toddler anymore.  Every day Alec exhibits more and more qualities of a "big boy", but I still get glimpses of my sweet little boy.  Like the other day when he gave me a stuffed brown bunny, and told me I could "play with it today".  Just the thought of me sitting there in my spare time (as if there is any of that!) pretend playing with bunny cracks me up.  Today he noticed that the bunny was sitting on the kitchen counter, and he asked me why I wasn't playing with it anymore.  I assured him that I was enjoying having the bunny quite a bit, but that it was taking a little nap while I unloaded the dishwasher.  Five minutes after our charming interaction, he informed me that a dinosaur I called "cute", "is not CUTE...it's COOL".  He had a bit of annoyed sigh as he said it, and I caught a glimpse of what he might be like when he is a teenager.  I am going to hold on tight to the sweet little boy he is, and enjoy every minute of him while he still believes his mama plays with stuffed animals in my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment