Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tour de Parks

Today when we woke up, Alec informed me that he was pretending to be a "clever chicken".  I asked the clever chicken if he would like to explore some new parks, and he clucked emphatically (which I interpreted as "yes").  I printed out a map of all the parks in the Queen Anne neighborhood and we hit the road.


The first park we went to was wedged into a little dead end, with woods and a ravine surrounding it.  Alec went down an extremely steep slide, like I've never seen at another playground.  Then he wanted to go down the 100+ stairs to the bottom of the ravine "on an adventure".  The kid just loves to climb, both up and down.  He did not mind a bit when we got the bottom and had to climb our way back up.  He beat me to the top, in fact.  





Next stop was completely by accident - a park we stumbled across that wasn't even on our map.  Alec insisted on pushing me on the carousel, and then jumping on to join me.  The little daredevil!



Our last stop was a wonderful little park that is terraced into a hillside with views towards Magnolia.  This was by far our favorite park, and we will most certainly return.  The well-thought out equipment, the views, the foliage and the gorgeous homes surrounding it make it hands-down our favorite of the day.  Alec pointed out that there were plenty of bushes at this park, in case I needed to use the bathroom.  I explained to him that although I appreciated him looking out for me, it's not really appropriate for me to be using the park as a restroom.  :)  You can see his red boots in the picture below.  He walking on all fours, pretending to go "lippity lippity" like Peter Rabbit (between the second and third park, he decided he was no longer a clever chicken).



1 comment:

  1. I love this idea good thinking of something to do on such an overcast day! Were you able to walk from one park to the next or was it a car adventure?

    ReplyDelete